A HURRICANE WATCH
(A Hurricane Watch is issued when there is a threat of hurricane
conditions within 24-36 hours.)
1. Listen to a battery-operated radio or television for hurricane
2. Check emergency supply kit.
3. Fuel car.
4. Bring in outdoor objects such as lawn furniture, toys, and garden
tools and anchor objects that cannot be brought inside.
5. Secure buildings by closing and boarding up windows. Remove outside
6. Turn refrigerator and freezer to coldest settings. Open only when
absolutely necessary and close quickly.
7. Store drinking water in clean bathtubs, jugs, bottles, and cooking
8. Store valuables and personal papers in a waterproof container on the
highest level of your home. 9. Review evacuation plan.
10. Moor boat securely or move it to a designated safe place. Use rope
or chain to secure boat to trailer. Use tiedowns to anchor trailer to
the ground or house.
Florida's Division of Emergency
to top of page)